workers-compensationMississippi Workers’ Compensation Law Firm

At the Jackson, Mississippi, law firm of Gill, Ladner & Priest, PLLC, we regularly represent workers who have been injured on the job. Our lawyers file and appeal workers’ compensation claims, and we also help injured workers file private lawsuits when companies other than their employers are partly responsible for accidents.


Our team of local attorneys has more than 40 years’ combined experience helping Mississippi workers get the compensation they are entitled to by law after a workplace accident.
Contact us today to schedule a free and private consultation about your right to workers’ compensation benefits.

Can My Employer Stop My Workers’ Compensation Payments Just Because I Hire a Lawyer?

No. Benefits paid through the workers’ compensation system cannot be terminated because you hire an attorney.

What Should I Do If I Get Fired After Filing a Workers’ Compensation Claim?

If your employer fires you or fails to rehire you after you file a workers’ compensation claim, you should consult a lawyer as soon as possible.

What If My Employer or Doctor Tells Me to Return to Work, but I Am Still Recovering?

If your doctor tells you to return to work before you feel ready, you should consult with a lawyer because you may be entitled to a second opinion. At Gill, Ladner & Priest, we understand the rules about when you can get a second opinion and can advise you.

Can I Get a Second Medical Opinion?

In many circumstances, injured workers are entitled to choose their own physician rather than accept the opinion and treatment plan of the doctor chosen by their employers. We understand the rules and will be happy to assist you.

Do I Have to Pay My Workers’ Compensation Lawyer in Advance?

No. At Gill, Ladner & Priest, we handle workers’ compensation cases on a contingency-fee basis, which means that you owe us no fee unless we recover for you. If you are already receiving benefits, hiring a lawyer will not reduce those benefits because, normally, any fees we receive are paid at the end of the case upon your receipt of a settlement or award.

Send us an e-mail or call 601.352.5700  to schedule an appointment.